DO YOU HAVE THE BRICK FACTOR?
SEE YOUR MODELS IMMORTALISED FOREVER IN LEGO
OPEN auditions are being held at The Lowry Hotel on 27 November 2009 for a position as model builder at the new LEGOLAND Discovery Centre.
Faced with millions of LEGO bricks when they arrive, auditionees will need to show how skilled they are at building LEGO models by creating an animal model in just five minutes. The successful builders will then pass to the second stage of the auditions when they will need to create a famous face out of LEGO.
The audition aims to find a potential model builder who is skilled enough to be responsible for developing new features, exhibitions and building new models as well as working with the thousands of children expected to visit the attraction.
Neil Criitenden, general manager of LEGOLAND Discovery Centre said: â€œWe are holding open auditions to find the most talented and enthusiastic model builders. It is an unusual job available and we hope to meet some LEGO fanatics from the North West. We are looking for someone with a great sense of fun and though that holding an open audition would be the ideal way to find the perfect candidate.â€
The exciting new role will be based at the unique indoor attraction opening in March 2010.
Described as stepping into the biggest box of LEGO in the world, the attraction will host a unique MINILAND, which the successful model builder will need to create and maintain, as well as a number of other features including offer an exciting themed ride, a tour of a LEGO factory where children can help make their own LEGO brick. Plus there will be lots of opportunities to create their own models, race LEGO cars and areas for birthday parties.
The auditions will be held in meeting room seven and eight from 10am â€“ 5pm at The Lowry Hotel in Manchester.
Auditionees need to register in advance by emailingÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre team at Brazen PR, Nikki, Emma and Daisy on 0161 923 4994 or emailÂ email@example.com
Merlin Entertainments (Merlin)
- UK company â€“ second biggest global visitor attractions operator (to Disney) â€“ 35 million visitors annually to its 58 attractions across 13 countries/3 continents
- UK and Europeâ€™s biggest attraction operator â€“ 21 attractions in the UK including London Eye, Madame Tussauds, SE A LIFE , LEGOLAND and Alton Towers
LEGOLAND Discovery Centres
- Merlinâ€™s latest attraction concept â€“ aimed at families with children 3-12 – the Manchester LEGOLAND Discovery Centre will be the first in the UK and the 4th in the world
- It is due to open before Easter 2010
- Current LEGOLAND Discovery Centres are located in Duisburg, Berlin â€“ Germany;Â Â and Chicago.
- The Manchester LEGOLAND Discovery Centre promises to be the best yet.Â Â Amongst a host of themed LEGO attractions, it will host:
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â â€˜Minilandâ€™ featuring key landmarks from Manchester and the Northwest including Salford Quays, the Blackpool Tower and the Lake District
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â An interactive and immersive LEGO themed ride
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A 4D cinema where you can reach out and touch the stars
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Learn some building secrets in a Model Builderâ€™s Workshop
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Birthday rooms for that special big treat!